Saturday, April 5, 2008

Wou Wascly Wabbit

Tonight I think I turned Madison into a Vegan or a Hunter.

We went down to Applecreek, OH to visit Charlie's brother, Rick, and wife, Leah who were in from Washington, D.C. They offered us rabbit disguised as BBQ chicken, but we could tell by their faces something was seriously wrong with the picture. Finally they admitted it was RABBIT.

So, as Mother of the Year, it became my mission to trick Madison into trying it. She was leary because everyone else was so concerned and involved in her trying this chicken. So I pull out what looks like a wing cuz she likes Papaw Dave's wings. She tries to bite into it but it's pretty tough. I'm still wondering why a rabbit has what looks like a wing. As Baby would say, "WEIRD."

So, I then give her the breast and take some off the bone. She eats it looking to see what she has just done. I ask if she likes, she nods kind of. I ask if she wants me to tell her what it really is or not. She says no. So I oblige. She looks worried so I say, "Would you feel better if I try some?" She shakes yes without hesitation. Misery loves Company.

I taste it. It tastes like chicken. However, I couldn't stop thinking that "THIS IS NOT CHICKEN YOU IDIOT EVEN IF IT TASTES LIKE IT THIS IS THUMPER."

I ask her again if she wants to know. She does. I tell her. And she looks at me like I was some kind of a damn fool.

In the end, I think she liked that she tried something different.

We all did tonight. Not only did I try Wabbit, but I also tried the hottest horseradish ever on a chunk of swiss cheese. Talk about clearing the sinuses. It's weird cuz my eyes watered and my throat closed like I was gonna cough to death, but instead it almost immediately simmered down to a hmmmm...that's weird-taste.

Baby also tried and loved clam dip. We told him it was ranch. What can I say??? We are a bunch of liars and he is rivaling his aunt Shannon for the Condiment King position in the Fam. He's like Mikey, he'll try anything with a little dip.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I can't believe you ate Thumper! And, you tricked sweet Madison into it, too? I think you've just lost your 'Mother of the Year' distinction.

On a serious note, it sounds like you had a nice time, though. It's always fun to try something new. You might be ready for Fear Factor soon if you keep this up!

peterson said...

Poor ma ma she will remember this for the rest of her life at least it wasn't squirrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!