Sunday, October 21, 2007

Another Hayride, Only at the Barn this Time!
























So, yesterday evening we went down to Smithville to have dinner at the Barn. Jessica came with us.

There was a little bit of a wait to eat, so we wandered over to the pond and watched the ducks swim and the kids swing on the swingset

We eventually go to eat and it was well worth the wait. We decided to do the buffet. It had meatloaf, fried chicken, roast beef, pizza, the most delicious mashed potatoes, a huge salad bar with all the fixins...and soup, and last but not least, the delectable dessert bar with peanut butter brownies, blueberry muffins with honey butter, ice cream, and peach cobbler. MMMMMMM!

By the time we got up from the table, it hurt to walk. But walking we did. We headed over to the cornfield nearby for a corn maze, a straw bale maze, a pumpkin patch, bonfire and hayride through the fields and around the lake...we were inches from being in it. The driver of the tractor assured us that the bales of hay we were sitting on would serve nicely as floatation devices, though.

We got all turned around in the corn maze, but luckily took a picture of the map to refer to. Don't ask me how, but after about 25 minutes of twisting, turning, dead ends, and frights we found our way out into the pumpkin patch. The pumpkins were huge, but we didn't get any because the kids had already gotten some on school field trips to pumpkin farms...and I don't think we could've carried them back to the entrance. Later we saw some wagons though. It would've been cool to get such a big pumpkin.

The kids ran through the hay bale maze over and over while we waited around the fire for the hayride to arrive. It was a bumpy ride, but very enjoyable. I think everyone had a really great time. It was nice to just take in the moment. Relax. Enjoy the evening and time with our family, with no expectations or plans or itineraries to keep to.






















2 comments:

Shannon said...

That looks like so much fun! I haven't eaten at The Barn in years~ . . . I sometimes get a craving for their broccoli-cheese noodle soup. I didn't know they had all the fall festivities there, too. Jess looks so cute- and, of course, the boys are just plain kissable! I'll be the annoying aunt that always wants to kiss their cheeks when I see them. I know I end all my posts to you this way (so get over it). . .but I miss you all lots!

lgl1607 said...

Iguess I didnt get invited to this one...Probably a good idea cuz I might of got lost in that maze never to be found again.