Monday, January 14, 2008

Little LeBron


Madison's first game was Saturday in Westlake at Messiah Lutheran.


Little LeBron, as we like to call her now, scored 6 or the 12 points for her team. She even almost sunk a three at the buzzer. She is soooooo much better than I was at her age. I had to use both hands and granny it to even get the rim. She shoots like a pro. The girl guarding Madison kept moving her arms crazily like a windmill. You should've seen Madison's face. She looked angry and confused and annoyed all at once. Later she said, I felt like stopping and saying what are you doing?


Her team lost, but they played so well for this being their first game in a real gym with a whole team to play. We only have 7 girls, so when we scrimmage, me and the other coach play on one of the teams.


The night before the game I took Madison to Dick's to get shoes and a gym bag to carry her ball, shoes, water bottle, and clothes in. She was so excited. Baby kept saying we were at Dick because he leaves off endings and especially s's. Jack kept telling Baby it's "DIX, " in his own speech-delayed lispy way. Me and Madison were cracking up. You had to be there.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Todd says: "The leading scorer is the coach's daughter!?! What a surprise."

lgl1607 said...

How did you get that pic to come out small the way I thought I sent them????duhhhhh I'm still tryin to figure it out. I cant get last weeks to come out at all...I think my batteries were either to weak when I took them or too weak when I tryed to transfer them to the computer. Like I told Shannon, I'm still learnin the whole process....

lgl1607 said...

I was thinkinking after Maddins' last game yesterday that even thoughshe didnt play as muchor as hard , she made the first basket and was actually tied for high scorer on her team with the 2 other girls that made oneaaannnd that one of her other shots was an in and outer. Ithink they greased the rim on the basket at there end after the sixth grade team beat them...Hah