Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolutions Schmezolutions

Happy New Year!

So here they are...or at least the ones I am willing to share...
1. Go to church REGULARLY. Not just when we happen to wake up on time, but actually set an alarm clock or two. The kids love it and we all benefit from it.
2. Watch my mouth. I have inherited my mom's language, what can I say? I don't like to hear other's talk that way, so why do I?
3. Cook. Nough said.
4. Exercise. Find something I enjoy and can stick with. If I can't, then do something I don't enjoy and complain about it relentlessly. Talking burns calories.
5. Organize. My house, my mind, my car, schedules. It's nuts around here.
6. Simplify. Stop pack-ratting. Really, if I haven't seen something in 10 years, why am I holding on to it? Stop hoarding those stinking precious moments. Declutter. Reduce the amount of time I spend away from my kids. And enjoy the time I gain back with them.
7. Spend more time and energy on Alyssa. I speak to her about two times a year...and that is sooo sad. Larry wanted his family to make his presence known with her and I have done a poor job of keeping that promise. Plus, I benefit so much in seeing her. It's like getting to be near him again, and why have I avoided that?
8. Create a realistic budget and involve Charlie sticking to it. In the past, I have created these, but it doesn't really work unless everyone isibs on the same page. I would like to teach my children to be responsible with their finances and that's hard to do unless they see it in action.
9. Finish projects the house. I am a master procrastinator and a list maker, which equals guilt. I have a million things I would like to finish around the house and I think I would feel marvelous having finished them.
10. Sand down the beast of a china closet on my porch that I bought from Goodwill and repaint it in a color of my liking just to say that I did it. Who knows? Maybe I've found a hobby.

The rest, folks, are private....so butt out!!!!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Great Resolutions! I agree with you in regards to Alyssa, too.

Happy New Year!

lgl1607 said...

Those are all great resolutions!!! You sure do want to do a lot of things, and I wish you all the luck because and your family are great and deserve all the good in the world. I didn't really write any down on New Years Eve when I should of. I know what I need to do and so do most people that know me so...Just do it!!!