Friday, January 18, 2008

Hannah Montana in Ohio










So, Madison turned the big 1-0 on the 9th of December. We wanted to get her something special to acknowledge how much we appreciate her being well behaved, wonderful in school, and such a help around the house and with the boys. She got straight A's for the first time at Redeemer and that is a wonderful accomplishment.

I searched high and low and found a pair of great seats for an okay price on ebay and snatched them up in October. The concert sold out in 8 minutes, so they were rather expensive anywhere I looked.

Why Hannah tickets? Well we watch her on Nick whenever it's on and I like the message of the show. It's usually on at night after the boys are in bed and Charlie's at work, so it's a Mommy and Me thing. Plus, Hannah's brother's name on the show is Jackson and we get a kick out of that.

Ma bought her a Hannah shirt for her birthday so she'd have the proper attire for the show. The show was the 3rd of January. Madison and I got ready for the show together. I curled her hair and even put a little makeup on her. The boys were SOOOO jealous, mostly of the makeup...Baby's still afraid of the curling iron after the...uhhhh...incident.

We drove up to Cleveland. Took some pictures outside of Hannah's Party Bus in the FREEEEEEZING cold. We might have even gotten on the news. Tons of cameramen were scrolling the crowd and we, in turn, were going NUTS to get their attention.

Inside we got a neon pen that goes around your neck, a Miley Cyrus shirt, and a Jonas Brothers shirt. Did I mention, the Jonas Brothers were the opening act.

Never have I seen more hyped up little girls in all my life. I didn't hear normally for hours after leaving the show.

The show, by the way, was Awesome. Both the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana.

On the way home, I wanted to take Madison to Fat Fish Blue a jazzy blues restaurant in Cleveland, for some deep fried pickles with cajun mayo dipping sauce. They are to die for and Madison LOVES pickles. She even has this ANNOYING saying lately, "I love pickle juice." And she asks everyone if they love pickle juice. Like I said, ANNOYING. Anyway, we get inside the restaurant after parking and they're closing. We had to leave, but we see on the menu posted on the outside of the building our beloved pickles. I was MAD.

The next night was her Cavs game, though, for getting Straight A's. I forgot to update the post on that contest. She sent in her report card and her name was chosen for two free tickets to a game, a Cavs book cover, and a tee-shirt. Is she lucky or what??? Anyways, I thought Charlie could take her for her pickles after the game. He did. And guess what! They were sold out of the deep fried pickles. I kid you not.

After telling this story to friends, we found out that a neighborhood bar and grill has deep fried pickles that are delish and it's less than two minutes from our house. We haven't gone yet, but plan to in the near future. We'll keep you posted on how they compare to Fat Fish Blue. In the end, Ma called FFB and told them the story and they're sending up some complimentary certificates to come back up and try to get some pickles.

All in all, I hope Madison remembers this first concert as a great one, I know I will treasure the experience. The boys, especially Jackson, are still jealous, but I promised them Naked Brothers Band if they come to town. Jackson said, "How are you gonna do that? Take just me one night and Baby the next since just you and Madison went for Hannah Montana? Adorable, but Foolish.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Mah Mah looks BEAUTIFUL! What a fun night for the both of you. She is a wonderful young girl- always has been. I love seeing her get to do something so special and for you, too, to be able to share that moment together. What a great memory that will be for years to come!

Oh, and please let her know that her favorite Aunt Shannon LOVES pickle juice- always have. And, I too have never had deep fried pickles. I'll be waiting to hear how she likes them!

lgl1607 said...

Keep thet make up away from those boys and Madison as far as that goes...they're already all too cute...