Monday, January 14, 2008

There Shall Be Showers of Blessings



















My little sister's baby shower was Saturday at the Erie Station Grill. We dined in the train car out back of the restaurant. It was very elegant and unique.






Before the shower, Baby asked what a shower was. I began to tell him when Big Charlie interrupted and told him, "Basically because girls stank, they all need to go shower." Madison and I tried to argue but he just kept saying that's why only girls go to showers.






Anywho






The shower had a star theme because Jessica likes stars. Shannon made the invitations, which had tiny feet pearlized as a border. A poem read:



Precious boy, so small, so sweet



Dancing in on Angel feet



Sent from Heaven's brightest Star



How beautiful you are






I loved the invitations. However, all the info had to be changed because I let other people get involved in the planning process. I know, I know...so unlike me. The new place was a million times better anyway. So glad we had to change it.






The favors were small tins of cut out stars that when poured in the bath turn into bubble bath. It had blue ribbon and a blue pacifier since she is having a boy. Another favor was a glass star-shaped tealight and holder in a blue organza bag with a tag stating a Star is Born.






We also wrapped silver and baby blue Hershey's Kisses in blue netting and tied with baby blue ribbon and personalized tags that had either a star or a baby boy looking up at a star saying either Welcome Baby Josiah or A Bright Future For Jessica's Baby. The blue Hershey's kisses said It's a Boy on the plume. We also tied a metal star to dangle from the ribbon.






The table cloths were white. The linens were baby blue.






The meal was a choice of



turkey



ham



chicken salad



on a croissant



with a cup of the most delicious vegetable beef soup I have ever had.






Mom made star shaped shower cakes for everyone with baby blue whipped cream icing. They were delicious as usual.






We had a photo mat that everyone could sign upon entering with well wishes for Jessica and the Baby.






We played a candy bar game, whose b-day is closest to the due date, My water broke, and lottery scratch offs. The ice cube game was hilarious. You had people licking the cube, biting the cube, sticking the cube in soup, and stabbing the cube with their knives. Mind you, while a precious little baby is inside the cube waiting to be born.






Jessica got a wonderful start with all the gifts she received. She seemed very happy.






Why did I go through this ridiculous detail? For my retarded sister that couldn't be there. We all missed you very much, Shannon. And it wasn't the same without your neurotic self. No wonder plans had to be changed. We didn't have our little planner there. You need to come home soon. This is getting irritating. ENJOY THE PICS AND LEAVE ME ALONE ABOUT BLOGGING FOR A COUPLE WEEKS NOW!


4 comments:

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon said...

I loved the pics!!! The train car was such a unique location.

The picture frame that everyone signed was an especially nice touch! Holding out on me, huh? You didn't mention that in all the details you gave me.

I'm VERY impressed with all the details. . . what do you need me home for? You did a much nicer job than I could've!

You and Jess looked really nice, too. I should do what grandma did and cut and paste a pic of my head in the background and pretent I WAS there ( :

Thanks for the post and the pics. . .you know I've been checking for them!

Love Ya!

lgl1607 said...

This is in reference to Charlies' comment about all girls stink and need a shower. But I rememberyou Rachelle saying some of Madisons teammate had B.O. and neede some personal higene and I was wondering if you made a comment to them Because at Madisons'last game one of her Teammates came up 2 or 3 times and said to Madison,"I smell crack" and would then giggle and run away and I just wondered if she was repearting something you said to the girls at practice??>?

lgl1607 said...

Yes Shannon you should just cut out a pic and glue it incuz ya Know your middle name is Dee and you were named after both your Grandmas'