Sunday, January 9, 2011

Delaney's Shower at Delanie's Neighborhood Bar and Grille

Jessica offered to host a baby shower for me from the very beginning. I wasn't too hip to the idea, as I don't like being the center of attention. After me putting it off for 8 months, several other friends (Kathy, Teri, Lisa, and Stacey) offered to host showers for me as well. I felt Jessica would listen to my hangups more so than my friends so I went along with her plan. In the end, I was really glad that I did. It was nice to get together with all of my friends in such a quaint setting and to have Madison be a part of that.

Here I am holding the most adorable pink tutu bathing suit and coverup, just one of the twenty-some gifts Teri and Kathy got for the baby. As a sidenote, Jessica also got the baby a pink tutu swimsuit a little lighter pink and smaller, so Delaney will be debuting it poolside this summer!

The flower in my hair is actually one that I bought for Delaney at the Mum Festival. I borrowed it!
My childhood friend, Lisa. She and Stacey got me the carseat of my dreams, that I was too cheap to buy myself! It has little light blue robins and pink flowers all over it. Adorable!




Kathy and I



Kenzie and I




Madison, Me, Teri, and her Madi
(Madison also borrowed one of Delaney's hairties :)





Mom and I after she tried ripping up my shirt to show my belly :)






Jessica and I~Thanks again for hosting a perfect shower! I got tons of diapers for raffle entries! We played the candy bar game, which is one of my favorites. And we had cheeseburger wraps, chicken wraps, fried pickles, spring rolls, potato skins ~ all of my favorite things to eat!







An outfit Kenzie got the baby~adorable! Tara also got me a similar outfit, baby wash, and a couple packs of diapers for the raffle. Madison won the raffle basket that had tons of popcorn, movie candy and over $40 in movie gift certificates. I picked her name out of the hopper, and I promise it wasn't rigged!








As always, the shower wouldn't be complete without a DQ ice cream cake!
I would have settled for mom's shower cake too, and that was noted!







1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love the shower cake, too. You look beautiful in these photos!