Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Official: Baby is 7!

That's weird?!? It's another DQ ice cream cake!




Make a Wish!

Well, Mackenzie was the only one to show up for the cake, so I was stoked I didn't have to share. However, Baby was a little upset that more people came around for Madison's cake-slicing. A lot of people were sick and I didn't formally invite anyone as it wasn't really a party. In reality, I think he was just upset because Bubba wasn't able to come, though. For some reason, Charlie must think Brandon hangs the moon. He's a lot like mom in that regard. LOL!

We got Baby the newest version of Carnival Games for the Wii and he was thrilled. We also got him a caterpillar Webkinz because his old one was about to expire. In fact, the night before his birthday, he instructed us after prayers to put his gifts out on the counter so that he could open them in the morning, just in case we weren't up yet. Good thing we did, because he was up at the butt-crack of dawn opening them. For those that barely even know me, you know I wouldn't be caught up at that hour, maybe just getting to bed, but certainly not getting up!

Baby also became a big brother, and that is a gift in itself. He loves babies, and especially loves his baby sister. I think, well, he told me that I should stop calling him Baby now that he isn't the Baby. I can't. He is my Baby. My Baby boy. He hates that argument. He was sure he was getting a promotion. No such luck.

Baby you're the craziest kid I have. You are nuts. You have endless energy. You are so very dramatic in your highs and in your lows. You can pout like the best of them, and whine even better. You are beautiful, with gorgeous eyelashes any woman would die for, not to mention the baby blues behind them. You are very athletic. You are also an adorable reader. I love listening to you read to me. You also pronounce "Charles" and "Carl" in the most absolutely hilarious way, and I hope you never change that. Besides all of this, you are the most openly polite child I have. You don't need reminded to be polite, you do it all on your own, even to me you are polite, it's not just for show. When I ask if you want something, you casually say, "No, thank you." Your most redeeming trait is that you are very loving to me. I can forget and forgive anything when you talk sweet to me. Baby, I love you!

I hope you have the most fantastic day, but also year, in every way!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Thanks a lot for the year in review. I actually did have a tone of homework today, but this is much more interesting ( : Happy Birthday Baby!

P.S. Brandon didn't hang the moon?