Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Was Squealin While the Kids Were 4-Wheelin

One of my good friends, Teri, invited us to 4-wheel at her boyfriend, Steve's, house in Randolph. The kids were stoked. I was less-stoked, more of a nervous wreck. He has tons of ATVs and tons of room to let them roam. Above is Teri, below is her daughter, Madi.

Jackson was the most enthused about riding. And ride he did. At one point, he came careening down the hill doing atleast 700 miles an hour (to me), only to turn abruptly and flip off the side of the ATV. He hopped up and turned to look at me. I just looked away, shaking my head considering he wasn't holding anything like it was broke or crying. This boy worries me.

All the kids took a spin with Daddy first so they would be accustomed to the ATVs. This is Madison and Daddy on their turn.



Charlie was very excited when he heard we were going to be riding ATVs. However, when we got there I made him ride a Power Wheel ATV to which his response was much less enthusiasm. However, when I finally gave in and let him ride a real ATV, he was scared to death. I had to hop on one, 33-weeks pregnant, and come to his rescue. He refused to come down the hill and at one point uphill he decided to abandon the ATV.













The kids loved the experience and I loved that we made it through the experience! Never again, if I have anything to do with it. However, Daddy loved it and looked like a little kids out there. He took some of the kids on a back trail where he came back with an ear-to-ear smile and burrs all over him and his knuckles bleeding, to which he was unaware. Enough said.





1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm with you. I'm not into the ATV craze either. I don't think it's very safe and I've heard of more than enough serious accidents on them.